APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 February, 2019
Submission is closed.
As part of its educational mission, the International Neuromodulation Society (INS) will provide 40 travel grants to help those with limited resources attend the INS 14th World Congress in Sydney, Australia on 25 - 30 May 2019.
INS members are invited to apply for funding. Grants shall be dispensed according to abstract submission and acceptance, and best need; consideration will be given to distance from home country, state of advancement of the national chapter where the applicant resides, and career stage.
I. Grant Amount: Up to $1,000 US each
- Applicants must complete the entire application.
- Applicants must be current INS members.
- Non-members must apply for membership prior to submitting their grant application. If the applications exceed the number of travel grants available, first preference shall be given to existing INS
III. The following information will be considered in the vetting process:
- Applicant's INS 2019 Abstract Submission
- Financial Need
- Physical Distance from Sydney
- Career Stage
- State of advancement of the national chapter where the applicant resides (if a national chapter exists)
- Involvement in research, lab research, or hospital / university teaching
- Presentation experience at national and international scientific meetings
IV. Application Instructions
To apply for the travel grant, applicants will need to provide the following documentation:
- Cover Letter explaining why you would like to attend INS 2019, and why you are applying for this grant. Be sure to also address the details outlined in section III.
- A short CV
- INS 2019 abstract title and number
- Proof of INS membership
- If student / trainee, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If involved in university or hospital teaching, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If employed at a hospital, university, or other institute, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to arrange their registration, travel and accommodation
Travel grants are provided to reimburse actual travel expenses.
The link to the expense claim form will be sent to awardees after the Congress.
Please retain original receipts.
Successful applicants will be notified by 7 March 2019