NONINVASIVE BRAIN STIMULATION (NIBS)
Date: Saturday, 21 May, 2022
Please click here to view the program.
Since 2017, the Noninvasive Brain Stimulation Pre-conference Day has been a highly successful feature of the biennial INS Congress, presenting theme-based discussion of important issues and new areas of study in this rapidly expanding field.
This year’s pre-conference will feature two sessions organized by international leaders:
- Marom Bikson will chair an update on New Science and Technologies of Non-Invasive Neuromodulation, where leading experts will discuss new concepts and paradigms for increasing the efficacy of noninvasive neuromodulation and explaining and managing variability in response.
- Albert Leung will lead a panel of speakers on clinical application of noninvasive brain stimulation for pain, a particularly urgent and promising area of innovation.
This day of exciting talks and dialog will be of interest to basic scientists and clinicians alike and provide a great introduction to noninvasive brain stimulation for anyone curious about the techniques and their application.
- Interpret new scientific data, clinical trials, and different technology platforms for non-invasive neuromodulation.
- Discuss latest advances in the mechanisms of action of non-invasive neuromodulation.
- Describe analgesic mechanisms, outcome evidence and clinical guidelines for TMS for pain and headaches.
- Identify the most relevant technical and cost-effectiveness issues for implementing TMS as a treatment for pain and headaches.