The Mission of the INS is to promote and disseminate the science, education, practice and accessibility of all aspects of neuromodulation. This multidisciplinary society believes that all scientists, doctors, bioengineers, professions allied to medicine and industry partners who have a specialist interest in neuromodulation can work with this society to share science and encourage best practice for the good of humanity.
The Vision of the INS is to harness all scientific, clinical and engineering endeavour throughout the world and to brand neuromodulation to encompass all neurological technologies that through electrical or chemical means improve the function of the impaired individual.
The Goals of the INS are:
- To create a forum for clinicians, basic scientists and bioengineers involved with neuromodulation through a combination of scientific meetings, journal and interactive website
- To create a family of affiliated neuromodulation national chapters to encourage growth and influence at national level
- To encourage research and development into the conditions treated and the devices and techniques used
- To encourage open dialogue with industry partners and health care authorities to improve understanding of these therapies, the needs of patients, service requirements and fair remuneration
- To expand the worldwide access to neuromodulation by raising awareness of the both its clinical efficacy and cost effectiveness