Location: Vancouver Convention Centre – EAST building
Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 | 08:30 – 17:15
Registration opens soon!
Since 2017, the Noninvasive Brain Stimulation Pre-conference Day has been a highly successful feature of the biennial INS Congress, presenting theme-based discussion of the latest and most important advances in non-invasive neuromodulation including TMS and tDCS.
This year’s pre-conference presents advanced approached to treating pain, inflammation, post-viral disorders (COVID) and related treatments, along with the new technologies enabling these advanced treatments.
Pre-conference themes includes:
- Advanced in the treatment of pain, from home-based treatments to chronically ill patients;
- Neurorehabilitation: from brain injury to long-COVID;
- New technologies.
- Interpret new scientific data, clinical trials, and different technology platforms for non-invasive neuromodulation.
- Discuss the latest advances in the mechanisms of action of non-invasive neuromodulation.
- Describe analgesic mechanisms, outcome evidence, and clinical guidelines for TMS for pain and rehabilitation
- Identify the most relevant technical and cost-effectiveness issues for implementing noninvasive electrotherapy and TMS
Non-Invasive Brain stimulation: From Pain, to Inflammatory, to Post-Viral Symptoms
08:30 – 09:00 Breakfast & Posters
09:00 – 09:35 Neurovascular Modulation: Is the Direct Stimulation of Brain Vasculature as a Therapeutic Mechanism?
09:35 – 10:10 Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation for Inflammatory and Post-Infection Disorders
10:10 – 10:40 Break & Posters
10:40- 11:15 Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation for Addiction Medicine
11:15 – 11:50 Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for Pain, Headache, and Comorbid Depression
11:50 – 12:25 High-Definition tDCS in Acute and Long-Term COVID-19
12:25 – 13:45 Lunch & Posters
13:45 – 14:20 Advanced Current Delivery Techniques for HD-tDCS: From Higher Current to Home-Based Treatment
14:20 – 14:55 At-Home Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) with Telehealth Support for Symptom Control in Chronically-Ill Patients
14:55 – 15:30 A New Disposable Electrotherapy Platform
15:30 – 15:55 Break & Posters
15:55 – 16:30 Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation to Treat Disorders of Human Verticality
16:30 – 17:05 Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation in Rehabilitation: Where are we and Where are we Going?
17:05 – 17:15 Closing Comments