Exhibitors’ Technical Manual
Each exhibitor/supporter has received an e-mail with login details to access the Portal. The Portal enables Supporters and Exhibitors to:
Submit Company logo and profile
Order Lead retrieval (Badge scanners)
Order exhibitor badges
Submit booth drawing (for “Space Only” booths)
Link to access the Portal https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com
The login details has been sent to the person signing the contract. This person is responsible for passing on the login details to third party if needed.
Access to all Portal services will be available only after submission of your company profile and logo.
Only deliverables as indicated in your contract, should be submitted via the Portal. Items not included in your contract will not be processed.
|Hotel reservation for Staff
|As soon as possible
or email us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Company logo and profile
|As soon as possible and no later than Monday, 11th March
Via Kenes Exhibitor’s Portal
|Designed Booth Approval
Monday, 01st April
|Text for Fascia
(Shell Scheme stands only)
|Lead Retrieval Wireless Barcode Reader
|Friday, 12th April
|Thursday, 25th April
|Via Kenes Exhibitor’s Portal
Please refer to the online shop deadlines
For all those services, please click here to go inside Levy Show Services portal
|Advance Receiving and Show Site Material Handling/ Storage
|Plumbing/ Water services/Security
Please complete your order form via the VCC portal prior to 19th April to benefit from the preferential rate
* Please refer to the Canadian Regulation about Catering orders on booths, metioned in the Booth Services Section
|Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire
|Door to Door Shipments
Please contact the Levy Show Services
Airfreight Shipments – Arrival to recommended airport
|Advance/ show site shipment to warehouse or showsite
|Please contact Levy Show Services and also further information you can find in their portal.
|Saturday, May 11
Exhibition Set-up- for Space Only Stands
08:00 – 22:00
|Sunday, May 12
Exhibition Set-up- for all stands
|Sunday, May 12
|Sunday, May 12
|18:30 – end of Networking Reception
|Monday, May 13
|Tuesday, May 14
|Wednesday, May 15
|Wednesday, May 15
|17:15 – 23:00
*Please note that a personal safety vest is mandatory during the set -up dates.
Safety vests are available for purchase on our online ordering platform and will be stored at the Service Desk/Exhibit Services Office for pickup during event move-in.
Alternatively, there are vending machines available throughout the Vancouver Convention Centre offering safety vests for purchase. The vending machines are located at the West Loading Bays and East Delegate Concourse.
*Subject to a change
- The timetable is subject to possible changes in accordance to the scientific program
- Updates to follow up in due time
- Dismantling of the stands before the official hour is not permitted.
- All shell scheme booths are required to be on time for dismantling from the hour that it is written that it starts, so that they can pack their materials and after that the official builder is being able to dismantle their booth.
- All exhibitors should be in their Booth 30 minutes before the official opening hour.
- Empty crates and packaging material must be removed after set-up and no later than Sunday, 12th May at 15:00.
- All aisles must be clear of exhibits and packaging materials to enable cleaning at all times.
- Please note that all exhibitors should be in their booth 30 minutes before the official opening hour.
Off Exhibition Information
- Please note that participants will be walking through the Exhibition Area to reach the Poster area which will be active before and after the Exhibition Opening Hours
- Therefore, please do not leave any visible valuable articles at your booth. In addition, please consider hiring extra security for your booth after Exhibition Operating Hours.
- Dismantling of the booths before the official closing of the exhibition is not permitted.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to dispose of all materials after dismantling.
- Any equipment, display aid or other material left behind after Wednesday, 15th May at 23:00 will be considered discarded and abandoned. Any charges incurred for waste removal will be sent to the exhibitor.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to dispose all materials after dismantling.
- Any charges incurred for waste removal will be sent to the exhibitor.
- Please do not leave any visible valuable articles at your stand.
- Please note we will have a security guard at night from the moment the exhibition is closed until the following day when we open.
- In addition, please consider hiring extra security for your Booth before/ after Exhibition Operating hours in case you have valuable stuff in your booths.
Welcome Reception at The Exhibition Area:
On Sunday, 12th May you are cordially invited to the Welcome Reception held in the Exhibition Hall (East Exhibit Hall- BC) from 18:30. Exhibitors are asked to please man their booths during the Welcome Reception in the Exhibition Hall.
Access to the Exhibition Hall during Set-up and Dismantling
Everyone must be fully registered to enter the exhibition hall during set-up and dismantling periods.
Access to the VCC will be granted based on list of names that will be provided to the VCC by the organizers.
For this reason, stand builders/contractors/exhibitors must register in advance all of the personnel that are required to be on-site during set-up and dismantling periods.
The following information should be submitted to the Exhibition Manager, by email, no later than 20th April to email@example.com
Full name; Name of the exhibit company; Name of the contractor/stand builder; Booth number
It is not necessary for persons with an Exhibitor Badge to additionally issue a set-up and dismantling pass.
Make sure to pre-register all personnel in order to avoid delays once you arrive on-site
Exhibition Floor Plan
The floor plan has been designed to maximize the exhibitor’s exposure to the delegates.
For most updated floor plan and list of exhibitors, please click here
List of Exhibitors
Please see all exhibitors listed here: https://ins-congress.com/confirmed-exhibitors-supporters/
All exhibitors are required to be registered and will receive a badge displaying the exhibiting company name. Individual participant names will not appear on badges in order that they may be used interchangeably between staff members.
Exhibitor badges will be given as per your contract.
Two exhibitor badges will be given for the first 100sq ft booked and one additional for each 100 sq ft after.
Any additional exhibitors will be charged an exhibitor registration fee.
Companies can purchase a maximum number of exhibitor registrations as follows:
Booths of up to 600 sq ft – 15 exhibitor registrations
Booths larger than 600 sq ft – 25 exhibitor registrations
Exhibitor registrations allow access to the exhibition area only and shall be used by company staff only.
An exhibitor registration form will be included in the Exhibitor’s Manual.
The Exhibitors badges allow access to the exhibition area, Scientific sessions, refreshments, and Welcome Reception.
Additional Exhibitor badges can be ordered online via Kenes Exhibitor’s Portal https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com
Price for extra exhibitor badge is 750 USD
Please make sure that your Company Profile has been submitted before placing an order for exhibitor badge.
Deadline: Thursday, 25th April
All personnel are required to wear badges to access the Exhibition. Company representatives not wearing their badges will not be allowed to access the Exhibition. Company name badges are for the use of company personnel for Booth manning purposes and should not be used by companies to bring visitors to the Exhibition. Exhibitor badges will not be mailed in advance and may be collected from the onsite registration desk.
Lead Retrieval systems are a helpful tool for receiving participants’ contact information when they visit your booth or attend your symposium. The information obtained by lead retrieval system enables Exhibitors and symposium to enhance their database by securing valuable leads for further marketing and communication.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Exhibitors and supporters can download the “K-Lead” app onto their own smart phone or company tablet and transform their device into an instant, easy lead retrieval system and capture participants’ full contact information with a quick scan of their badge (Exact operational guidelines will be shared in due course).
The advantages of the “K-Lead” application:
- Effortless process using registration badge barcode.
- Allows to immediately view the leads information.
- Ability to insert exhibitor’s comments for each lead
- Ability to quickly scan delegates as they enter the session hall by using the “Quick Scan” function
- Application is available for download from Apple store or Google play: “K-Lead App”.
Cost per license – 650 USD (excluding 4% credit card charges fees, excluding VAT if applicable)
NB! Please note device is not included.
Order deadline : Friday, 12th April
Onsite price is 800 USD (excluding 4% credit card charges fees, excluding VAT if applicable)
HOW TO PLACE AN ORDER?
To order “K-Lead” Application, please access the Exhibitor’s Portal https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com
Login details to the Portal have already been sent to the primary contact listed in our system upon signing the sponsorship agreement.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
You can view our updated privacy notice here.
Kenes will not share delegate’s personal data with third parties without their consent.
Please note that similarly to sharing a business card, presenting delegate badge for scanning at exhibition booths or industry symposia constitutes an expression of consent to share their personal details with the company that is scanning their badge so that it may contact them in the future.
Barcodes on delegate’s badges contain contact information as supplied by the delegate or the agency responsible for the registration process of the delegate. We regret that in some cases, as when group registration is completed by a company, we may not be in possession of the full contact details.
In addition, please note that neither Kenes Group nor the Organizing Committee is responsible for the content of the information.
The Exhibition is being held in East Exhibit Hal- BC, located on Level 1.
Please click here and click > “Show combined exhibition halls” > the button “East Exhibition Hall BC – 360 View” for the virtual tour.
- Maximum build up height allowed for booth walls is 5 meters.
- Rigging is not permitted.
- Exhibitors who will have stands higher than the maximum permitted height will not be allowed to set-up their stands.
- Any part facing neighboring stands that is above 8’ (2.5m) in height needs to be designed with neutral surfaces (white).
Structures installed for specific events, exhibition stands including installations, special structures and exhibits as well as advertising displays must be sufficiently stable that they do not pose a threat to public safety and order and, in particular, that they do not endanger life and health.
Exhibitors/ customers are responsible for ensuring the load-bearing capacity and stability of such structures and may be required to furnish the relevant proof.
Floor type: Concrete
Maximum floor load:
250 psf – Plaza, Truck Route
300 psf – Exhibit Halls
Exhibitors are required to have floor cover or carpeted floor within the stand area.
All floor coverings must be secured and maintained so that they do not cause any hazard.
Fixing of floor covering to the hall floor may only be carried out using approved tape.
Mechanical damage or soiling which cannot be removed during the normal cleaning and maintenance of the floor will be repaired at the expense of the person/company causing the damage.
Ceiling hanging is not permitted.
Exhibit fixtures, components, and identification signs are permitted to a maximum height of 5 meters
Raised Floor / Platform
The organizers and the VCC must be informed if the booth has a platform (when submitting the drawings for approval), as well as the scheduled set-up (day and time).
Without this information the VCC / Official Contractor will not be able to provide the requested service(s) and the prepayment will not be refunded.
Before placing the platform, the exhibitor/stand builder must confirm that service(s) provide by the Official Contractor (electricity, water, cables, Internet, etc.) are in the right place.
Access to the service points/water tramp/electricity tramp are compulsory when a platform is installed (keep those points accessible).
Once the platform is installed, no new services that need to go under it will be accepted.
The platform sides must be closed and finished neatly. The platform edges must be safe, secured and easily visible.
Please note that if your booth has any kind of elevation/platform, you are required to provide a ramp to ensure access for people with disabilities.
Shell Scheme which has been pre-booked with Kenes includes the following:
- Shell Scheme Panels-Octanorm
- Company name on Fascia board printed in standard lettering-black text
- 3 clip lights (please note you need to order electricity for them in order to be working)
- electric outlets (please note you need to order electricity for them in order to be working)
- Blue Carpet
Booth Package does not include:
- Daily stand cleaning
Panel size: 964mm X 2267mm
949mm x 2255mm visible graphics
For all the below services, please click here to enter to the Levy Show Services portal:
- Carpet, Floral, AV, Material Handling
*Maximum of 20 characters (including spaces) may be written on your fascia.
Please submit lettering for fascia via the Exhibitor’s Portal by Friday,01st April.
You can submit your design/Facia on the Exhibitors’ Portal: https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com
Each exhibitor will be contacted with login details to access the Exhibitor’s Portal.
If the text for your fascia is not received by this date, we will provide you with a fascia title as per your application form.
If you wish to print your logo on the board, instead of your company name or in addition to the name, this can be ordered at additional cost via the official contractor.
Technical Information and Regulations for Shell Schemes Booths
- All basic shell scheme booth will be designed and built by Levy Show Services – the official stand contractor.
- Exhibitors are not allowed to make any alterations to the structure of the booths or remove any integral parts from the booths. Exhibitors wishing to remove or change the location of any standard equipment within the booth should indicate clearly on the location plan and forward it together with clear instructions to the official stand contractor and the Exhibition Manager before Monday, 01st April.
- No free-standing stand-fitting or display(s) may exceed a height of 2.5m or extend beyond the boundaries of your booth. This includes company names, advertising materials, flags and logos provided by the exhibitor.
- It is not allowed under any circumstances to cut, nail or drill into or through the walls, fascia, floor, or ceiling.
- Please do not use any adhesive products that may leave marks or cause damage to the panels and booth structure. Booth must be returned in the same condition in which it was received. Any damage to booth structure will be invoiced to the exhibitor.
- It is possible to use fishing line (nylon) to hang pictures etc.
- An exhibitor occupying a booth at the corner can request to close the additional side(s). If the official stand contractor and the Exhibition Manager is not being notified in writing before Monday, 01st April – it will be assumed that the exhibitor will have opening on the additional side(s).
- A back wall of a booth (any booth type) cannot be used by other exhibitors.
- Shell scheme booths will be provided with a blue carpet. If an exhibitor wishes to change the color of the carpet in the booth, additional cost may be incurred. Please contact Levy Show Services – the official stand contractor.
- Excess stock, literature or packing cases may not be stored on, around or behind booths, unless contained within a lockable storeroom.
- Exhibitors requiring additional equipment may contact Levy Show Services – the official stand contractor – as per published deadlines (see section “Deadlines & Key dates”).
Electrical switchboards have to be reachable and the Exhibitor has to switch off the Booth light at the end of the day
Exhibitors using independent contractors are required to submit the following for the organizer approval:
- A scaled drawing (scaled 1:200 DWG), including elevation views of the proposed Booth to be built.
- Position of your booth on the floorplan with orientation
- Utility connections: electrical, water and drainage – a list of all appliances
- The name and contact details of their construction company.
Please submit the files through the Kenes Exhibitor’s Portal: https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com
Each exhibitor will be contacted with login details to access the Exhibitor’s Portal.
Monday, 01st April
- All exhibits are to be displayed to avoid blocking aisles, obstructing adjoining stands, or damaging the premises.
- Exhibitors are kindly requested to allow sufficient see-through areas that ensure clear views of surrounding exhibits. Entire sideway walls will not be approved. You are only allowed to build walls that covers third of each side.
- Island booths should be partly accessible on all “open” sides. We try to keep the exhibition as open and inviting as possible. Wall construction alongside aisle is allowed but max 1/3 of side to side may be covered.
- Construction finish must be perfect in all the stand’s visible areas, including rear sides.
- Raised Floor/Platform – please refer to section “Hall Specifications and Important Technical Information”
- Advertising on the boundary with other stands is prohibited.
- Multilevel structures are not permitted.
- Arches, bridges, or similar constructions connecting two or more Booths are not permitted.
- Screens or any kind of equipment to be shown or demonstrated may not be placed directly on the edge of the stand contracted in order to ensure that the visitor viewing the screens/equipment will be inside the booth and not blocking aisle traffic.
- Any counter, desk etc. or device (i-pads, touch screens etc.) which attract visitors may not be placed immediately at the borders of the booth facing the aisles (there should be a reasonable distance from the edge of the booth).
- Coffee bars or other F&B-stations are not allowed due to Canadian Accreditaion Criteria.
- The maximum building height for the top of all elements is 5 m.
- Structures installed for specific events, exhibition stands including installations, special structures and exhibits as well as advertising displays must be sufficiently stable that they do not pose a threat to public safety and order and that they do not endanger life and health.
- Exhibitors / customers are responsible for ensuring the load-bearing capacity and stability of such structures and may be required to furnish the relevant proof.
- Any part facing neighboring stands that is above 5m in height needs to be designed with neutral surfaces (white or grey) with no exposed framing or structure and may not have any graphics or logos.
- Ceiling Rigging is not permitted
- The organizers will not approve booths that do not comply with the accepted standards until the necessary changes have been made.
- Work cannot commence until the booth drawings are approved by the organizers.
- The used spaces must be returned to the VCC completely clear of all items and the Exhibition areas restored to their original state.
- We recommend Exhibitors using independent booth contractors to include a site visit in the planning process to assure a smooth and well planned set up. Please contact Alana Magalhaes at the VCC (AMagalhaes@vancouverconventioncentre.com) to coordinate a visit.
Electricity and Electrical Installations for all booths
According to the regulations, the electrical installations for the Exhibition will only be connected to the power supply after being checked and approved by the VCC.
VCC is the only company allowed to connect any kind of device directly to the main power sources.
Only VCC is authorized to provide the electrical switchboard for the power points. Thus, every exhibitor should order an electrical switchboard from the VCC and to pay for the electrical consumption according to his power needs.
For ordering please refer to VCC Canada portal – please click here.
- The VCC will check that the official electrical switchboard is not removed from the booth.
- Electrical switchboards provided by the venue cannot be manipulated, adjusted, or damaged. The cost of a damaged Electrical box will be charge to the company who has ordered it.
- VCC staff are authorized to unplug the whole booth electrical installation if they detected that it is not properly done, with a possible danger.
Please note the following:
- Electrical switchboard and/or various power outputs will be ALWAYS delivered on the booth floor. Exhibitor/Stand Builder must check how to place it inside the booth to be hidden and accessible.
- Electricity supply from the neighboring stand is not allowed!
- It is the exhibitor/stand builder/electrician responsibility to advise how to connect your box provided by the VCC.
- Only VCC can provide electricity from the electrical ducts on the floor.
- It is compulsory the use of plastic protector to hide electrical cables (at the exhibitors’ expense).
- Electrical extensions ordered will be supplied next to the electrical box and the exhibitor/ stand builder will have to place on the space they need them.
The VCC provides electric service in the Exhibition area during the official exhibition times only.
At the end of the day, we recommend switching off your main electrical sources in order to save energy and not to occur any accidents overnight.
At the end of the day Booth manager must check before leaving the venue that the booth spotlights are switched off for security and ecologic reasons. The VCC is not liable for any damages caused from this action.
In case that the stand builder brings their own electrical switchboard, (it has to be connected to the VCC switchboard) it is mandatory to indicate which power line goes to the booth lights, in order that the booth manager knows which switch/button has to be turned off at the end of the day.
In case that you need 24h electrical connection for some devices (excluding booth general light), a second electrical switchboard will have to be ordered. Booth manager will have to make sure the general lights are turned off.
In Canada it is used the following types of electricity plugs: Type A & B
The ungrounded type A (NEMA 1-15) and the grounded type B (NEMA 5-15)
For more information you can click here.
The organizers will arrange for general cleaning of the exhibition premises prior to the opening of the exhibition and daily prior to opening thereafter (excluding exhibit booths and displays). For ordering daily stand cleaning, please refer to VCC Canada portal: click here
Exhibiting companies cannot clean the venue facilities surfaces to avoid damaging them.
Internet & Wi-Fi
If you wish to order internet or Wi-Fi for your stand, this can be done via VCC portal at: https://congresmtl.com/en/services/client-portal/.
Bell is the VCC Exclusive Telecom Provider.
For questions please contact – Alana Magalhaes via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised the Private Wi-Fi networks installations in the stand is not allowed.
The Venue and the organizers reserve the rights to discontinue any activity which interfere with the hall
The Venue and the organizers must be informed in advance when the stand has a platform as well as the scheduled set-up day and time due to internet foundation.
Complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided by the Congress during official Congress days in most areas.
This public Wi-Fi connection is limited for basic web browsing or checking emails.
Should you have any internet-based feature/device/activity at your stand (for example: product demonstrations), we strongly recommend ordering a dedicated internet connection for your stand (wireless or wired connection) to guarantee a consistent internet connection inclusive of technical support.
Note regarding technical support: we will ensure that the service you purchased is functioning as it should, however we cannot troubleshoot or repair issues with client-provided equipment.
Please do not leave any bags, boxes, suitcases, or any type of product unattended at any time, whether inside or outside the exhibition area.
Neither the VCC nor the organizers can accept responsibility for the security of the stands and their contents. The VCC as well as the organizers are not liable for any possible loss, theft and/or damage occurred during the rental period of any private property or goods. Exhibitors are fully responsible for the security of their stand and equipment.
If you wish to hire security for your stand, this can be done via VCC portal at: https://congresmtl.com/en/services/client-portal/.
Food & Beverages service is not allowed in the Exhibition Hall.
As indicated on page 65, line 11.2.5 of the Code of Ethical Practices, it is strictly prohibited for companies to offer meals and refreshments at their displays.
This includes items such as coffee, cappuccino, smoothies, tea, water, candies, and any form of food, even in a self-service station.
In line with Section 10.1.3.2.3 of the Code, any gifts, offers, or enticements provided by a Member to encourage a Stakeholder’s visit to a display are also deemed prohibited.
We understand the significance of adhering to these regulations, as they play a pivotal role in ensuring the integrity and ethical standards of our industry. To gain a comprehensive understanding of the stipulations, we encourage you to review the complete Code of Ethical Practices document, accessible via the following link
In case to have any other doubts about F&B please contact the organizers to avoid misunderstandings once the event started.
Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire
Supporters who wish to order hostess services for their booth, are welcome to do so via the Levy Show Web shop- please click here
If you wish to order waste removal for your stand, this can be done via VCC portal at: https://congresmtl.com/en/services/client-portal/.
The VCC has no storage facilities pre-congress. Short-term storage of materials left over after assembly (empty boxes, crates, cases, palettes etc.) should be coordinated with Levy Show Services (payable service).
Under no circumstances may packed materials of any kind be left in the aisles, in the stands, around or behind the stands.
Please contact the Levy Show with information on sizes and number of parcels, size, and storage period.
Shipments sent directly to the venue prior to the set-up period, will be refused by the venue.
Once the event & dismantling are over, the VCC shall not be held responsible for the safekeeping and/or storage of any items left in the building. If the VCC takes care of the removal of these items, it will be charged to the exhibitor.
For access to the goods/ lorry entrance/ Lifts:
Loading dock access:
East Truck Route:
During scheduled move-in and move-out hours, an Event Truck Route Entrance guard will be scheduled. When East Truck Route Access is not staffed, the access gate will be closed.
The East Truck Route is 16’ wide (4.88 m) and has an incline of 3’6″ (1.07 m) over a 35′ (10.67 m) section, as well as an overhang with a clearance of 13’11” (4.24 m) at the access point to the exhibit halls. The incline will allow standard 40’ (12.19 m) to 53’ (16.15 m) trailers with a bottom clearance of at least 12″ (30.48 cm) to enter the East Exhibit Halls. Low-bed trucks and other low riding vehicles may have difficulty clearing the ridge at the top of the East Truck Route incline. The calculation to determine whether a vehicle will have sufficient clearance over the East Truck Route incline is:
Maximum vehicle axle weights for the East Truck Route are:
Single axle single wheels – 28,000 lbs (12,700 kg) Single axle dual wheels – 36,000 lbs (16,329 kg) Tandem axle single wheels – 45,000 lbs (20,411 kg) Tandem axle dual wheels – 58,000 lbs (26,308 kg)
East Exhibit Hall Overhead Doors:
East Exhibit Halls A and C have limited drive-on access through roll-up doors for full-sized trailers.
PLEASE NOTE: East Exhibit Hall A is carpeted, and floor protection is required for any vehicle access via this space. At minimum, poly must be placed along the entire vehicle path.
Measurements of roll-up doors are as follows:
– East Exhibit Hall A: 19′ (5.79 m) high, 17’6″ (5.33 m) wide*
– East Exhibit Hall B: 14’ (4.27 m) high, 16’8″ (5.08 m) wide*
– East Exhibit Hall C: 14’ (4.27 m) high, 28’6″ (8.69 m) wide*
Maximum length of vehicles for drive-on access to exhibit halls is as follows:
– East Exhibit Hall A: 73.5’ (22.41 m)
– East Exhibit Hall B: 30′ (9.14 m)
– East Exhibit Hall C: 73.5’ (22.41 m)
How to get to East Exhibit Halls through the East Truck Route:
- Howe Street going up the ramp to our truck route towards exhibit hall overhead doors.
- The ramp going down to the loading bays. (for ballrooms)
- Continue straight for the overhead door for Exhibit Hall B
- For our case, it will be 1 > 2 > 4 > 5 (3 is loading bays for Ballrooms)
Please note that Levy Show Services is the exclusive agent for move in and move out.
To ensure that traffic movement is as smooth and trouble free as possible, exhibitors will be allocated a time at which to unload.
It is imperative that unloading times are strictly adhered to and that vehicles are removed as soon as unloading is complete.
Parking during unloading is limited for short time only. All vehicles must be moved after unloading.
Parking space is available, 0rder forms for parking spaces will be updated with the current costs and sent through Shortly.
The delivery and removal of materials and goods for the exhibition stands is allowed only by Levy Show Services.
. 53’ trailers will NOT be accommodated on the tradeshow floor. It is strongly recommended that you utilize Levy Show Service for all of your logistics requirements.
Important note: Companies bringing in their own goods should contact Levy Show to coordinate their arrival and the use of the loading bay, the service entrance and the lifts.
Entry procedure during set-up:
- Upon arrival, please obtain a mandatory pass from the attendant at the loading dock.
- A maximum of 15 minutes is permitted to unload your vehicle.
- Any vehicles left at the loading dock for more than 15 minutes are subject to towing or applicable parking fees.
- To assist in transporting materials, blue trolleys are readily available at the loading dock.
Exit procedure during dismantling:
- Smaller vehicles have exclusive and priority access to the loading dock at the start of dismantle.
- Trucks with trailers, cube trucks and heavier vehicles will have access thereafter.
- The doors, between Level 2 (exhibit) and the loading dock will remain closed until all aisle carpeting is completely removed.
- Blue trolleys will be available from the loading dock once the doors are opened.
- Empty boxes will be brought to booths by VCC personnel as promptly as possible, once the visitors have vacated the room and all aisle carpet is completely removed. Under no circumstances will exhibitors have direct access to storage facilities.
- A pass will be given to you by the attendant at the loading dock once all materials have been delivered to your booth. You must obtain this pass to have access to the loading dock with your vehicle.
- If your materials can be transported manually without the use of trolleys, it is possible to leave the premises via the exit doors or pedestrian access doors of the exhibit room.
- Blue trolleys or other heavy transport equipment are not permitted in the common or public areas of the VCC, including the public elevators and escalators.
Access for Deliveries
Please be advised that neither the Organizers nor the VCC can accept deliveries on an exhibitor’s behalf and arrangements must be made for a stand/company representative to be available when deliveries are made.
Please refer to the Shipping Instructions for the deliveries information.
As a courtesy to the delegates and your fellow exhibitors, deliveries or the removal of any equipment to or from stands must be made 30 minutes before or after exhibition opening hours.
It is recommended that all contractors, drivers and exhibitors bring their own 2 wheel trolleys to transport goods to and from their stand.
Kenes International is offering exhibitors specially reduced rates for various hotels around the
Information, pictures, location and rates are available on the hotel accommodation page: https://hotels.kenes.com/congress/INS24 or email us to: email@example.com
You may also book a room online thought above link.
For group booking (10 rooms and more) please contact our Accommodation Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Different payment and cancellation conditions apply.
It is not permitted to bring animals into the VCC.
Build-Up & Dismantling Period
- During the period of build-up and dismantling, it is prohibited to consume alcoholic beveragesin the working area as well as to perform work under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other type of substances that could alter the perception of risk.
- The Exhibitors and contractors are required to wear the necessary personal protective equipment(PPE) such as protective helmets, eye protection, and hand protection required by the specific work activity, with special attention to the safety shoes/boots inside the facilities for your own safety.
- The use of cutting machines, welding machines, sanders and a spray gun is strictly forbidden.
Health & Safety
- It is the responsibility of the booth holder to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors as far as is reasonably practicable throughout the event.
- It is recommended that the booth holders appoint a supervisor for the booth, with the specific responsibility for ensuring the health & safety of their staff and stand builders. It is advisable that a Risk Assessment is completed for the booth and submitted to the organizers.
No person under the age of 18 years can be admitted to the Exhibition, either during build‐up, opening days or breakdown. This rule also applies to Exhibitors’ children and must be strictly enforced to comply with the safety regulations of the exhibition.
Use of compressed gases is not allowed.
Damage to the Building
Screwing, nailing, or the use of paint, glue, adhesive stickers, fixtures of any kind or anything that can damage the structural elements of the building (floor, walls, ceiling, pillars…) are not allowed. In case of damage of the facilities, the cost of repair or replacement will be charged to the exhibitor.
Disposal of Material
It is obligatory to collect and dispose of all material during the build-up or dismantling of the event.
When the dismantling period is over, the exhibitor loses any right to claim losses or damage to property left behind. Any costs incurred by the VCC in removing this property will be charged to the exhibitor.
- Booth material and fittings must be non-flammable or impregnated with fire-retardant chemicals. (at least DIN4102 B1 or EN13501-1 A2/B/C -s3 d2)
- As a general rule, easily inflammable synthetic substances, foam polyester, and no fireproof straw and reeds are prohibited.
- Storage paint liquids, gas or other inflammable substances in the booth space is forbidden.
- The use/storage of inflammable substances is forbidden (liquids, gas or other). For any doubt for these substances contact the organizers or the VCC.
Fire Insurance (compulsory)
Exhibitors must be insured against fire.
It is not permitted to operate any machine in the exhibition that emanate fumes, gases or steam, or any item or device that generates or contains flame.
Heavy Weight Element / Large Machinery
In case the exhibitor/stand builder brings large machinery, any kind of heavy weight element or structure inside the exhibition area it is mandatory that the VCC will be provided with a detailed project describing the unload procedure inside the exhibition area:
- Exhibition access used
- Transportation used to bring the element inside the VCC and weight
- Plan for weight distribution (number of platforms, dimensions, and weight resistance)
- Forklifts, cranes, or any other machinery used for the unloading / uploading of the element. How the element is going to be unloaded and how is going to be brought inside the exhibition area.
Once the VCC has the complete information, the unloading of the element will be approved or rejected.
Hanging of Posters, Banners etc.
Hanging of posters, banners or decals, stickers, or similar items, on the walls, floors, ceilings, or pillars within or outside the installations of the VCC are not allowed.
- Exhibitors are required to take out appropriate Insurance. Third party liability insurance is obligatory. It remains the Exhibitors full responsibility to insure themselves appropriately.
- Neither the organizers nor the VCC, their representatives or agents will be held responsible for any loss or damage to exhibitor’s property. Exhibitors must take precautions to protect their property against pilferage.
- The organizers do not provide insurance for exhibitors and their property. The exhibitor is responsible for his property and person and for the property and persons of his employees through full and comprehensive insurance and shall hold harmless the organizers for any and all damage claims arising from theft and those perils usually covered by a fire and extended-coverage policy. Therefore, you are obliged to have a public liability insurancethat covers all injuries to persons and damages that might cover in connection with the exhibition.
- Exhibitors are personally liable for all expenses incurred by the organizers or by third parties in regard to technical services provide.
- We also recommend that you have additional coverage against loss or damage to exhibition material during transport and during exhibition times. Please make arrangements for insurance coverage through your company’s insurer.
- Exhibitors are responsible for all property damage as well as any loss or injury caused by their property, agents or employees. Companies will indemnify the organizers against all claims and expenses arising from any damages.
- If for any reason whatsoever the Exhibition needs to be abandoned, postponed, or altered in any way, either in whole or part, or if the organizers find it necessary to change the dates of the Exhibition, the organizers shall not be liable for any expenditures, damages or loss incurred in connection with the Exhibition.
- The organizers shall further not be liable for any loss which the Exhibition or Exhibition contractors may incur due to the intervention of any authority which prevents or restricts the use of the VCC or any part thereof in any manner whatsoever.
Sound equipment and Music
In general, the use of sound equipment/music in booths is permitted as long as the noise level does not disrupt the activities of neighboring exhibitors.
Speakers and other sound devices should be positioned to direct sound inward (to be contained within the booth) rather than outward (toward aisles and other exhibitor booths).
It is difficult to establish decibel level restrictions. If an exhibitor or attendee is standing within ~3 meters of an exhibitor’s booth and cannot carry on a normal voice-level conversation, the noise source is too loud.
- Live music is not allowed.
- The organizers reserve the right to require the exhibitor to discontinue any activity, noise, or music that is too loud
- The organizers reserve the right to require the exhibitor to discontinue any activity, noise, or music that is deemed objectionable.
- Exhibitors are reminded that third party copyrights should not be infringed. The organizers have no copyright responsibility in respect of any exhibiting company.
Proper dispensation must be obtained and any royalties due, paid prior to the use of materials. Should any copyright dispute arise, the organizers will not be liable for any resulting loss or damages, sustained by any exhibitor or third party.
- Please do not leave any bags, boxes, suitcases, or any type of product unattended at any time, whether inside or outside the exhibition area. The organizers and the VCC cannot accept liability for loss of or damage to private property or goods.
- Neither the VCC nor the organizers can accept responsibility for the security of the booths and their contents. The VCC as well as the organizers are not liable for any possible loss, theft and/or damage occurred during the rental period of any goods. Exhibitors are fully responsible for the security of their booth and equipment.
- Please consider hiring extra security for your booth if needed. This can be done via the VCC service order form.
Personal Transportation Vehicles
Bikes, skates, electric scooter and any personal transport by wheels are not permitted inside the building.
- All demonstrations or instructional activities must be confined to the limits of the Exhibition booth.
- Advertising material and signs may not be distributed or displayed outside the exhibitor’s booths.
- Advertising activities must not cause obstructions or disturbances in the gangways or at neighboring booths.
- The Exhibition Manager reserves the right to require the exhibitor to discontinue any activity, noise, or music that is deemed objectionable.
The VCC operates a NO SMOKING policy in ALL halls.
Special effects lighting, live music, smoke and laser projection may not be used in the booths.
No permission will be given for projection in the aisles or on the walls of the hall.
- Exhibitors are responsible for the removal of all refuse/waste from the exhibition area. The used space must be returned completely clear of all items and restored to its original state.
- In case that exhibitors wish to leave any kind of waste material during set-up/dismantling, they should order a waste container in advance.
- Any discarded waste, including promotional material, left behind will be removed by the VCC and/or the organizers at the expense of the exhibitor concerned.
The VCC reserves the right to access inside the booth in order to check the compliance with the VCC regulations.
At all times you must respect the logistics staff and VCC indications.
Participation by exhibitors is dependent upon compliance with all rules, regulations and conditions stated herein.
Please note that these regulations are in addition to the exhibition Rules and Regulations found in Section 6.
Exhibitors must comply with VCC technical guidelines including operation, fire safety, construction and other security regulations.
Exhibitors must also comply with rules and regulations as specified by work health safety laws.
These technical guidelines ore contractually binding and are to be followed by the Organizers and exhibitors including the exhibition service and stand construction companies commissioned by them to perform work on site.
The shipping instructions include the following information:
- Material Handling Services
- Shipping Order Form
- Shipping Labels
- Limits of Liability and Responsibility
- Customs Information
Delivery & Logistic Services
Levy Show Service has been appointed the official forwarding agent and clearance agent for this meeting and offers the following services: customs clearance, delivery to the stand, freight forwarding, manpower & trolleys for un-loading/loading during build-up and dismantling, storage of empty crates, transportation to and from the Exhibition Hall.
For security, insurance, and efficiency reasons, Levy Show Service is the sole official agent to handle cargo inside the venue.
Booth builders are prohibited from using trolleys during set-up and dismantling periods.
Kindly note that the official agent is the exclusive agent for move in and move out of the venue.
Exhibitors and Booth builders are free to deliver their goods or to pick their goods up from outside the venue. Those who use their own facilities up to the venue are requested to coordinate their time schedule and unloading of their cargo into the venue with the official logistics agent.
All Shipping Information may be found here – under Material Handling tab
please note that you must register to the Levy Show web shop first, to access all details. if you do not have a booth number- please put “0”.
Levy Show Service- Customs & Logistics Department
Kenes Group Contacts:
Rue François-Versonnex 7
1207 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 908 0488
Fax: +41 22 906 9140
Ms. Yulia Rijinsky Kenes Group
Sponsorship and Exhibition Sales
Ms. Victoria Eskenazi Kenes Group
Ms. Sandra Silva Kenes Group
Official builder contacts: Levy Show Service
Customer Service Tel: 604 277 1726
Telecommunications\ Security\ Plumbing\ Electricity\Stand Cleaning
Please complete your order form via the VCC portal prior to 19th April to benefit from the preferential rate at:
Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire