As part of its educational mission, the International Neuromodulation Society (INS) will provide a number of travel grants to help those with limited resources attend the INS 16th World Congress in Vancouver, Canada on 11 – 16 May 2024.
INS members are invited to apply for funding. Grants shall be dispensed according to abstract submission and acceptance, and best need; consideration will be given to distance from home country, state of advancement of the national chapter where the applicant resides, and career stage.
The link to access the travel grant application form appears in your abstract submitted notification email. (If you have submitted an abstract but did not receive the notification with the link, please contact INS_abstracts@kenes.com)
I. Grant Amount
- Applicants must complete the entire application.
- Applicants must be current INS members.
- Non-members must apply for membership prior to submitting their grant application. If the applications exceed the number of travel grants available, first preference shall be given to existing INS members.
III. The following information will be considered in the vetting process
- Applicant’s INS 2024 Abstract Submission
- Financial need
- Physical distance from Vancouver, Canada
- Career stage
- State of advancement of the national chapter where the applicant resides (if a national chapter exists)
- Involvement in research, lab research, or hospital/university teaching
- Presentation experience at national and international scientific meetings
To apply for the travel grant, applicants will need to provide the following documentation:
- Cover Letter explaining why you would like to attend INS 2024, and why you are applying for this grant. Be sure to also address the details outlined in section III.
- A short CV
- INS 2024 abstract title and number
- Proof of INS membership
- If student/trainee, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If involved in university or hospital teaching, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If employed at a hospital, university, or other institutes, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to arrange their registration, travel, and accommodation
- Travel grants are provided to reimburse actual travel expenses
- The link to the expense claim form will be sent to awardees after the Congress
- Please retain original receipts